From my childhood I was very much interested in cartooning, sculpturing, 3D designing, product development & computer etc. In my college life I had won an inter collage cartoon competition (1996)& drawing competition (1996). 1st Prize & Best Cartoon Award – In the College week festival (1998). From then I have setup my mind to start my career as cartoonist. I had worked as freelancer cartoonist in many local papers in the year 1995-1998.
I also wanted to show my talents in the field of sculpturing. So I started sculpturing on 6 inch height candle, circumference about 0.8 inch. Which was exhibited at the AssamStateArtGallery on 16th June 1999 with 31 items made of candles and 35 items made of Sandalwood. which was held for the first time of its kind in Assam, North East India.
I was also fascinated by Information technology. From my school life I was very interested in computer & computer programming. So after completing my college I have completed Diploma / Advance Diploma in Computer Application & BCA programme. After that I have joined an AIDS Service Organization as Project Coordinator.
I have been participating International cartoon competitions since 2004.
LIST OF INTERNATIONAL CARTOON COMPETITION PARTICIPATED BY ME SINCE 2004:
58. World Press Freedom 10th International Editorial Cartoon Competition, National Arts Centre in Ottawa, Canada’2010.
57. The first International Water Cartoon contest, Iran’2010.
56. The International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic „Monitorul de Suceava” – „Journalist in 2010”, Romania:
55. "Carica..ter" International Cartoon Contest, Arab'2010.
54. 1st International Cartoon Competition "PLAGIARISM" Berlin'2010.
53. 3rd Pátio Brasil International Showroom on Environmental Humor, BRAZIL’2010.
52. The 6th International cartoon contest, Damascus, SYRIA’2010.
51. 3rd "Molla Nasreddin" International Cartoon Contest, AZERBAIJAN’2010.
50. Participated an interective workshop titled “Cartoons for Climate by Martin Rawson, Cartoonist, UK”, which was organized by British Council at Regional Science Centre, Khanapara, Guwahati on 20 February 2010
49. 3rd Pátio Brasil International Showroom on Environmental Humor, BRAZIL’2010.
48. The 6th International cartoon contest, Damascus, SYRIA’2010.
47. 3rd "Molla Nasreddin" International Cartoon Contest, AZERBAIJAN’2010.
46. The First International Tourism Cartoon Competition, TURKEY’2009
45. VII International Cartoon Contest - KARPIK 2009, NIEMODLIN – POLAND’2009
44. 10th Competition of Satirical Cartoons & Humorous Cartoon Strips named Spirito di Vino – ITALY’2009
43. "New technologies" 9th International Contest of Pictorial Humour of Barakaldo - 2009"
42. The 1st quality International Dental Caricature / Cartoon Contest. http://cartooncature-dentist.blogspot.com/
41. GRAPHIC HUMOR EXHIBITION THE 8 MILLENIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS.
40. 1st P.C.Rath Memorial International Web Cartoon Contest-2009,Bolangir,INDIA’2009.
39. International Caricature Contest Godofredo Guedes, BRAZIL’2009
38. International Forum of Visual Humour KARIKATURUM – 5 – RUSSIA’2009
37. 2nd Humoreix International Caricature Competition - SPAIN'2009.
36. 2nd International “OLIVE” Cartoon Contest 2009, TURKEY’2009
35. Great Cartoons On Treasury Of Earth – BRAZIL’2009
34. 2nd Pátio Brasil International Showroom on Environmental Humor, BRAZIL’2009
33. 2nd International Snail's Graphical Humor Contest - SPAIN’2009
32. 12th International Graphic-Itinerant Humor Festival – ROMA’2009
31. XIIIth 2009 PortoCartoon World Festival, The Portuguese Printing Press, Porto, PORTUGAL’2009
30. IV Health and Graphic Humor Contest, on Eating Behavior Disorders.
14. Salons the International Graphical Humor and Road Education, ARGENTINA’2007
13. Flexibility at work- congress ACV BI, BELGIUM’2007
12. The First International Cartoon Contest of Cheval Blanc, FRANCE’2007
11. The 2nd International Cartoon Contest – CARTUNION, RUSSIA’2007.
10. The 2nd International Cartoon Competition, Revelionul Caricaturistilor, URZICENI, ROMANIA’2007
9. Seventh International Contest of Pictorial humour and Flash Humour, BARAKALDO’2007
8. Black Cat International Web Cartoon Contest, AZERBAIJAN’2007.
7. UMO – 3rd International Cartoon Contest, INDIA’2007
6. The 8th Tehran International Cartoon Biennial, IRAN’2007.
5. International Cartoon Festival Solin, CROATIA' 2007
4. Fourth International Cartoon Contest KOZUCHOW, POLAND’2007.
3. The 1st Internatioal IACC Animation, Cartoon and Comic Competition, Beijing, CHINA'2007
2. Jose Guadalupe Posada Biennial, MEXICO'2004
1. Trento International Exhibition of Satire and Humor, ITALY'2004
Side by side I was also interested in new products design & development. I had designed & developed some products like vegetable cutter (dated 20th Dec’2003), Fish & Meat Cutter (24th Jan’2004), Complete tooth cleaning pack (Reg. No. 213/KOL/2006, dated 15th Mar’2006).
With lots of mental pressure and burdens in my personnel life, I am continuing my battle of my life. I have been working in an AIDS Service Organization from past 9 years as Project Coordinator. In my life of social work I have gained lots of experience and knowledge and also devoted my life to fight against HIV AIDS.
As social worker I have been participating in many Workshops, Consultative meetings, Trainings & Field study which are as follows:
36. One day National Consultation with Civil Society Organizations for the 2010 Universal Access Review at the Silver Oak, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi organized by UNAIDS on 29th June'2010.
35. One day National Consultation on Trafficking and HIV & AIDS at Taj Ambassador , New Delhi organized by WomenPowerConnect supported by UNIFAM on 28th June 2010.
34. One day consultative workshop on "Impact of Harm Reduction in North East India" at Hotel Pragati Manor, Guwahati organized by North East Harm Reduction Network (NEHRN) supported by UNAIDS on 20th March'2010.
33. Four days workshop for civil society organization of Assam, Meghalaya & Mizoram (NE Region) on Evidence Based Planning and Project Management at Hotel Nakshatra, Guwahati, Assam organized bu MAMTA from 28th to 31st January’2010.
32. Two days North East India International Meet organized by FASS in association with Govt. of Assam at Pragjyoti ITA Centre for performing Arts at Guwahati on 11th & 12th January'2010.
31. Three days workshop on strengthening Media Professionalism and the NGO-Media Interface in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka for HIV/AIDS coverage held in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The workshop was sponsored by The University of Miami's School of Communication,Indiana University's School of Journalism and the American Center in Colombo on January 3,4 & 5th January’2010.
30. Attended the publiuc felicitation function of NASA Astronaut Colonel Edward Michael "Mike" Fincke at Guwahati organized by Friends of Assam & Seven Sisters (FASS) on 2nd September'2009.
29. One day workshop on "HIV AIDS and the law" at Guwahati on 23rd June'2009 organized by Human Rights Law Network (HRLN) in collabration with Assam Network of Positive People (ANPP).
28. Three days North East HIV / TB Co-infection Workshop from 2nd to 4th April’2009 at Hotel Rodali Regency, Guwahati supported by Global Health Advocates, Action (Advocacy to control TB Internationally) & INP+ (Indian Network of Positive people) organized by Assam Network of Positive people.
27. One day Dissemination seminar for NCHI survey of the North Eastern States on 15th December’2008 at Hotel Pragati Manor, Guwahati supported by International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) organized by National Coalition for Health Initiative (NCHI).
26. One day NCHI's India Consultative Meeting on New HIV Prevention Technologies on 5th November'2008 at ITC Hotel Maurya, Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi organized by National Coalition for Health Initiative (NCHI) and supported by International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI).
25. One day workshop & consultative on the civil society organization of North Eastern States for "Global Fund on HIV AIDS, TB, Malaria" 9th Round on 3rd October'2008 at Hotel Pragoti Menur, Guwahati supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) collaboration with Assam State AIDS Control Society (ASACS).
24. Two days modular training programme on HIV TB at State Institute of Health & Family Welfare, Guwahati on 25th & 26th September'2008 organized by Assam State AIDS Control Society (ASACS).
23. 2nd one day consultative workshop on "Impact of Harm Reduction in North East India" at Hotel Japfu, Kohima organized by North East Harm Reduction Network (NEHRN) on 29th July'2008.http://www.ahrn.net/library_upload/uploadfile/file3243.pdf
22. Conducted a three days training workshop programme from 27th to 29th March’2008 on HIV AIDS, Communication & Peer education for youth leaders organized by Jirsong Asong, Diphu, Assam.
21. Participated two days workshop on Catholic Relief Services (CRS) - PANI Evaluation dissemination from 12th to 13th March’2008 at Mantriphukhuri, Imphal, Manipur.
20. Organized & Participated seven days special training trade on candle & detergent making at APS office, organized by AIDS Prevention Society, trained by Gram Swaraj Parishad, Rangia unit of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) from 7th to 13th September’2007.
19. Two days workshop on strengthening Media Professionalism and the NGO-Media Interface in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka for HIV/AIDS coverage held in Guwahati, sponsored by the School of Journalism, College of Mass Communication and Media Arts at Illinois University Carbondale, USA and the US Consulate in Kolkata, India on January’2008. http://journalism.indiana.edu/syllabi/kellyjd/india_jan08/
18. One day consultation on understanding on NGOs intervention in the field of HIV/AIDS, IEC/BCC activities at UNICEF office, Guwahati, 21st July’2007.
17. One day seamier on public health hazards of Tobacco Consumption organized by Voluntary Health Association of Assam at ‘Vivekandra Kendra’ Guwahati, 30th May’2007.
16. Four days exposure visit programme to Kolkata from 13th – 17th May’2007 to National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (NICED).
15. One day workshop on the role of NGOs ad CBOs in implementing “Three Ones” at State Level at Manipur, organized by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), 7th May’2007.
14. One day State Level Workshop for “Gender Dimension of HIV/AIDS and Empowerment of Women” on 3rd January’2007 at NEPCID organized by Assam State Commission for Women in collaboration with ASACS.
13. Two days consultation meeting on voluntary counselling and testing for MSM & Transgender communities held on 6-7th November’2006 at Manesar, Haryana organized by International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI).
12. Two days NGO workshop on AIDS Vaccine organized by International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) at Hotel Landmark, Guwahati, August’2006.
11. Three days Propack workshop on proposal making organized by Catholic Relief Services (CRS) at Peace Centre, Guwahati, July’2006.
10. North East Conclave of the Elected Representative on HIV/AIDS organized by UNAIDS at Rabindra Bahavan, Guwahati, in the month of November’2005.
09. Four days residential training on counselling and community mobilization organized by Catholic Relief Service (CRS) at Manipur, in the month of September’2005.
08. One day Consultation meeting on Content Analysis of News Coverage of the Issues of Northeast States in Mainline Dailies organize by MG School of Communication Management, Guwahati, in the month of July’2005.
07. Second Field study- visited to STD/HIV Intervention Programme, WBSHIP, Kolkata, in the month of February’2005.
06. Organized and Participated two days Workshop for NGO representatives & Medical Doctors of Aizawl, Mizoram, organized by AIDS Prevention Society, in the month of January’2004.
05. A Dissemination seminar on National Family Health Survey (NFHS-2), Assam findings organized by The Directorate of Health Services (Family Welfare), Govt. of Assam, International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai, Population Reference Bureau, Washington, D.C. & sponsored by USAID.
04. Two days workshop on HIV/AIDS and Family Education organized by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Guwahati, in the year 2002.
03. Four days HIV/AIDS Counselling Training of Trainers organized by Assam State AIDS Control Society (ASACS), Guwahati, in the month of July’2002.
02. Field study- visited to STD/HIV Intervention Programme WBSLIP, Kolkata in the month January’2000.
01. Six days workshop on communication skills organized by Department for International Development (DFID) in the year 2000.
The battle is still going on and long way to go on.........